Research Exposure Opportunities
All STEM Students Impacted in 5 Years
Research Exposure Opportunities provide an infrastructure to ensure research experiences for all students. The program aims to:
- Increase infrastructure to support undergraduate research, including coordination of summer programs and the addition of more departmental faculty liaisons to the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- Increase departmental courses that support research skills related to writing, analyzing scientific literature, and presenting to peers and non-science audiences.
- Develop mentored team research projects for one-credit courses.
- Create University Research Week to shine a spotlight on the value of research in all disciplines.
- Support Undergraduate Research Consultant Team (URCT) program to (1) provide students with the opportunity for inquiry and discovery in the context of real-world cutting edge research, and (2) foster interactions between disciplines.
RESEARCH-RELATED SKILLS COURSE DEVELOPMENT REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Application Deadline: Friday, November 3, 2017 at 5:00PM (Independent Research Courses)
Application Deadline: Friday, November 10, 2017 at 5:00PM (Undergraduate Research Consultant Teams)
See additional information and application instructions on the Request for Proposals page.